gentoo + sangoma (wanpipe)
i put this page together since i couldn't find any decent resources on getting this stuff working.
i tried the gentoo standard emerge wanpipe, which after a bunch of warning messages died.
i tried emerge --sync, hoping an update existed, then retried. it didn't.
i tried #gentoo-voip but had no success finding anyone else with experience, interest or hardware.
i tried downloading the drivers direct from sangoma's FTP site and following their complex interactive Setup process.
i tried emailing sangoma, but received no reply within half a day (not really their fault, since i live in china and the timezone's opposite).
finally, i figured it out... so for the benefit of others, here's my recollection of how i got myself up and running.
- emerge zaptel and take note of the version that is installed. when i did this, it was much older than the latest version, but it didn't matter.
- extract the sources again manually... tar zxvf /usr/portage/distfiles/zaptel-1.2.18.tar.gz (changing the version the the same you installed). remember the directory you put the sources, you will need to specify it in a minute.
- download drivers from sangoma's FTP site
- if you are running asterisk, shut it down... /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
- extract and run Setup. choose #2 (Zapata drivers) when prompted for kernel module building options, and use defaults elsewhere. when prompted for the zaptel sources, enter manually the directory you extracted them to.
- ln -s /usr/bin/wanrouter /etc/init.d/wanrouter to create a semi-functional init-script from the supplied default
Hope that helps!
hosted @ pratyeka.